raising the bar
La Marzocco introduced the GB5 machine model in 2005. Named after Piero Bambi’s wife, Giovanna Bambi, it is the ideal espresso machine for the most elegant and classic cafés. Equipped with a CPU board and designed for superior temperature control, the GB5 combines gracious lines and harmonious curves with powerful technological advancements, in line with classic La Marzocco design and spirit. The machine is an understated companion to any coffee bar. Its unmatched temperature stability provide steady brew water and steam even at the peak of the morning rush.
elegant engineering with superior temperature control.
available with illuminated front & rear logos.
The Mechanical Paddle technology assures progressive control of water flow and pressure via a mechanical internal valve, thus allowing controlled pre-infusion. The MP is controlled with La Marzocco’s classical paddle interface, manually operated by the barista.
- Saturated Groups: ensure unsurpassed thermal stability, shot after shot.
- Dual Boiler System: separate boilers optimize espresso brewing and steam production.
- Dual PID (coffee and steam): allows you to electronically control coffee and steam boiler temperature.
- Insulated Boilers: reduce energy consumption while contributing to temperature stability.
- Ruby Flow Restrictors: synthetic ruby flow restrictors resist scale formation and erosion.
- Pre-heating System: prior to entering into the coffee boiler, water is pre-heated – thus increasing productivity.
- Stainless Steel Portafilters & Precision Baskets: for improved cup quality and consistency.
- Digital Display: temperature display, shot timers and intuitive programming simplifies the adjustment of machine parameters.
- Hot Water Economizer: fine tune the temperature of the hot water spout.
- Tall Cups: allows you to use the machine with tall, to-go cups (+2.5cm /1in. in height).
- Auto Back-flush Program: automatic cleaning program.
- Available Models: 2, 3 or 4 groups.
- Machine Operation: automatic (AV), semiautomatic (EE) and mechanical paddle (MP) versions.
- Cup warmer: maintain espresso and cappuccino cups heated at a proper temperature.
- Barista Lights: LED lighting allows you to focus on your extraction and the cup.
- High Legs: makes it easier to access beneath the machine (+7.5cm / 3in. in height).
- Personalized Colors: customizable colors based on the RAL color system, on request.
- Auto Steam: simple steaming system stops automatically at your desired temperature.
|Model||Height (cm/in)||Width (cm/in)||Depth (cm/in)||Weight (kg/lbs)||Voltage (VAC)||–||–||Amps Service Required (A)||Standard Watts (W)||Optional Watts (W)||Coffee Boiler (L)||Steam Boiler (L)|
|2 Groups||47,5 / 18,7||75 / 29½||62,2 / 24½||62 / 136,7||200 single / 3 phase.||220 single / 3 phase.||380 3 phase.||–||4600||3600||3,4||7|
|3 Groups||47,5 / 18,7||95 / 37½||62,2 / 24½||74 / 163,1||200 single / 3 phase.||220 single / 3 phase.||380 3 phase.||–||6100||4800||5||11|
|4 Groups||47,5 / 18,7||119 / 47||62,2 / 24½||105 / 231,5||200 single / 3 phase.||220 single / 3 phase.||380 3 phase.||–||8000||6800||6,8||15|