designed for and by baristas
Over the course of two years, La Marzocco worked with the world’s finest coffee professionals to design an espresso machine. This panel of experts was named the “Street Team.” The Strada, Italian for “street,” was named in their honour. Street Team input resulted in the most technologically advanced espresso machine featuring traditional hydraulics, semi-automatic brewing control and a barista-friendly design. This means a lower profile to invite customer engagement in a café setting, while also providing the barista with an open, expansive work area, and a design that encourages creativity and customization so that each machine can be unique.
for the first time ever,
an espresso machine manufacturer asked the baristas what they wanted.
The semi-automatic paddle is inspired by the paddle used on most La Marzocco machines since the 1970s. It is controlled with La Marzocco’s classic paddle interface, manually operated by the barista. The initial “EE” refer to a feature whereby brewing is activated by the simple start & stop motion of the paddle on the grouphead, albeit with electronic pre-infusion.
- Proportional Valve Technology: variable solenoid valve control of the steam wand.
- Programmable Preinfusion: employs a two stage programmable preinfusion process that allows for multiple groups to be in operation at the same time.
- Performance Touch Steam Wands: high performing steam wands that are cool to the touch.
- Exposed Saturated Groups: increased temperature stability, ergonomics and workspace visibility.
- Independent Coffee Boilers: separate boilers for each group head allow baristas to optimize temperature for multiple coffees.
- Dual PID (coffee and steam): allows you to electronically control coffee and steam boiler temperature.
- Insulated Boilers: reduce energy consumption while contributing to temperature stability.
- Ruby Flow Restrictors: synthetic ruby flow restrictors resist scale formation and erosion.
- Pre-heating System: prior to entering into the coffee boiler, water is pre-heated – thus increasing productivity.
- Paddle Interface: La Marzocco’s iconic paddle to activate coffee brewing.
- Stainless Steel Portafilters & Precision Baskets: for improved cup quality and consistency.
- Digital Display & Jog Wheel Interface: temperature display, shot timers and intuitive programming simplifies the adjustment of machine parameters.
- Solenoid Steam Lever Actuation: a user-friendly lever controls steam.
- Hot Water Economizer: fine tune the temperature of the hot water spout.
- Adjustable Deep Drain Tray: accommodates a variety of cup sizes.
- Auto Back-flush Program: automatic cleaning program.
- Available Models: 2 or 3 groups.
- Cup Warmer: maintain espresso and cappuccino cups heated at a proper temperature.
- Personalized Colors: customizable colors based on the RAL color system, on request.
|Model||Height (CM/IN)||Width (CM/IN)||Depth (CM/IN)||Weight (KG/LBS)||Voltage (VAC)||–||–||Amps service required (A)||Standard watts (W)||Optional watts (W)||Coffee boiler (L)||Steam boiler (L)|
|2 Groups||47,5 / 19||80 / 31½||67,5 / 26½||85 / 187,4||200 single / 3 phase.||220 single / 3 phase.||380 3 phase.||–||4500 (200V) 4600 (220/380V)||–||2 x 1,3||8,2|
|3 Groups||47,5 / 19||100 / 40||67,5 / 26½||102 / 224,9||200 single / 3 phase.||220 single / 3 phase.||380 3 phase.||–||5500 (200V) 6400 (220/380V)||–||3 x 1,3||11,8|