This head to head competition involves 8 teams, and 8 drinks per round, where speed, and efficiency matter. Teams will be working on the KB90, a revolutionary espresso machine launched earlier this year bringing the Straight In system into the market.
At the festival, we will occupy stand number M54 where the True Artisan Cafè runs throughout the entire 3-day event, find Spirit of Coffee, Arabi Caffè, Terrone, Filicori Zecchini, Genovese, Caffè del Borgo, Coffee Hat, Griso, Le Piantagioni del Caffè, LotZero, Young Cup Coffee, Quarta, Torrefazione Cannaregio, Rationale, Lady Cafè, Lelli Caffè, Street Coffee, and Imperator rotating on the Strada AV and Linea PB espresso machines, along with the Modbar.
Don’t miss out on the Roaster Village area dedicated to national roasters of excellence and sponsored by La Marzocco Home with the iconic Linea Mini. Also, find an interactive area with “Latte Art Live” by Modbar that houses:
- Accademia del Caffè Espresso will speak at “The Lab”. A talk about Training – Culture – Innovation with Marta Kokosar (General Manager) and Massimo Battaglia (Head of Research); sharing research on plant intelligence and its impact with the public for the future of specialty coffee
- A Modbar Steam Technical Course: A Pro Touch for a Barista Pro. Learn technical insights with Enrico Wurm (Product Improvement Manager, and World Coffee Events Judge).
- The Modbar Technical Series Workshop: Cappuccino, Latte & Flat White – Discover the differences! with Matteo Beluffi, Italian Latte Art 2017 champion.
- An informal competition on Modbar “Chi Vince Regna” led by Fabrizio Corti (Product Specialist).
- The Roasters Panel round table mediated by Gianni Tratzi (Espresso Specialist at the Accademia del Caffè Espresso & Brand Ambassador).
- Introduction to the Coffee Encounters format by La Marzocco Home, Alessandro Foglino (Graphic Designer) and Michael Gardenia (Owner of Fusillio Lab).
Lastly, a Winter Garden will be set up outside where you are welcomed to immerse yourself in the holiday spirit among Christmas trees, roasted chestnuts, mulled wine, books and La Marzocco signed items; take a portrait in the photo booth and take a little reminder home!
@lamarzocco @lamarzoccoitalia @lamarzoccohome @accademiadelcaffeespresso #crushtherush #hellokb90 #lineamini #lamarzoccowintergarden #modbar